Features and Benefits
WSO2 Message broker can be acquired with 100% Apache 2.0 open source licensing and consists of extended capabilities with other WSO2 Carbon products or features such as:
● Integrating with WSO2 ESB with JMS transport methods like JMS endpoints and JMS proxy services and through Message Stores and Processors
● Integrating with WSO2 DSS with JMS transport enabled data services.
WSO2 Message Broker can be helpful with integrating business applications and services for several reasons:
● It is Cloud enabled, therefore it can be deployed on-premise, in private, public or hybrid clouds.
● Being a pluggable component for the WSO2 environment, it is easy to monitor and examine the Message Broker functionalities separately and easily. Similarly, it can be easily scaled up and extended due to the use of Cassandra and Zookeeper, which does the coordination when needed.
● WSO2 Message Broker provides high availability and fault tolerance compared to other Message Brokers in the industry. It only creates one copy of the message during delivery, but allows a large number of transfers in asynchronous publish/subscribe messaging models.
● WSO2 Message Broker provides guaranteed delivery for required messages using two implementations – ‘Strict Ordering’ support using shared lock with Zookeeper and ‘Best Effort Implementation’.
● It is easy to handle large message transfers using WSO2 Message Broker as it selects storage on messaging demand.
Besides the basic Message Broker features which include queues, topics, distributed queues, durable subscriptions, dead letter channel, WSO2 Message Broker provides additional features for its users which include:
● Real time statistics
● Setting queue
● Topic permissions
● Dynamic queue creation.
Mitra Innovation recommends WSO2 Message Broker as the best middleware to provide messaging infrastructure for system integration. This is due to its open source nature, its compatibility with other powerful WSO2 products as WSO2 ESB, WSO2 DSS etc. and the vast number of benefits listed above.