We are looking for Senior DevOps Engineers with a good DevOps exposure in
development, ICT Operations & Support. A Degree in IT/computer science is a
prerequisite.The position holder needs to ensure the best solution is delivered in
line with quality standards and best practices. Ensuring adherence to engineering
principles and proper usage of design patterns is a must.
We expect excellent communication skills and ability to act proactively in order to
ensure smooth team operations and effective collaboration. Candidates should be
flexible, good team players, who can also lead by setting a good example to others.
- DevOps experience working for UK/European major companies
- Pipeline and Release mechanisms
- Use of Automation tools to provision and configure infrastructure as code (IAC)
- Tcpdump / Memory Dump / HeapDump –Troubleshooting
- Protocols – TCP/IP, HTTP, HTTPS, SMPP, and SMTP
- Cloud Technologies such as AWS, GCP, Microsoft Azure, etc.
- Commercial awareness (managing the costs of pipelines and environments)
- Candidates must be authorised to work long term in the UK
- Knowledge & experience in Java and Enterprise Integration
- Knowledge in WSO2 products and experience in integration domains will be an added advantage
- Excellent communication & PR skills Organisational decision-making and time-management skills
- Ability to work on a flat organisational structure
- You may have to work on a roster basis
Key responsibilities and accountabilities
- Responsible for following engineering principals and SOPs to create quality solutions that are fit for given purpose
- Responsible for the development and management of a catalogue of tools and implement quality automated infrastructure that support the E2E teams strategy.
- Implementing quality automated infrastructure
- Ensuring that pipelines and release mechanisms used by development teams are maintained and provide support for issues with the pipelines.
- Testing the pipelines ensuring that they are fully operational and all NFR’s are delivered.
- Change Request – Planning, Execution, testing and Rollback Plan for all the in scope services.
- Work together with external technical groups in order to resolve issue tickets effectively.
- Patch updating, deploying fix and updating deployed application (With the team)
- Maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures.
- Deep troubleshooting skills for application/Interfaces/DBs
- Escalate unresolved issues, ensure accurate and responsive alert monitoring & usage by team.
- Mentor and coach more junior members of the team to help build their skills and confidence
We offer a very competitive salary, a great working environment, the ability to work on a variety of projects for a variety of global clients, and the potential for international travel.