Innovation Martlesham and BT recently hosted an Innovation Week in Ipswich, UK. Mitra Innovation was there to showcase our latest products and services and find out about the latest tech gadgets from exciting and new companies across the globe.
From 12-16 June 2017 Mitra Innovation exhibited at an event called ‘Innovation 2017’ hosted by BT and Innovation Martlesham. The event was billed as a top event for businesses to attend to find out how innovation (especially BT’s innovation) is set to transform businesses from 2018.
With over 100 technology experts on hand, Innovation 2017 showcased the best research and innovation in the communications industry, and brought in top speakers to share their views on a range of interesting and though-provoking subjects.
BT’s major business customers attended, as well as over 2000 of their employees.
Attendees could hear about the importance of cyber-security, the future of customer experience, and the evolution of machine learning.
Highlights of the event included:
- 5G: A virtual reality sports stadium experience. BT and EE showed how 4G and future 5G services can be delivered via drones to provide temporary mobile coverage.
- Cyber Security: Explored how Artificial Intelligence can proactively identify cyber security threats ahead of time to protect companies’ assets from cyber-attacks.
- Future Entertainment and Communications: Attendees could discover the evolution of UHD TV and how BT is using virtual reality to enhance the viewing experience.
- Smart World: Explored the Internet of Things, and how it can be used in smart cities such as Manchester and Milton Keynes, as we move to an ever-more connected world.
- The Future of Customer Experience: Showcased the latest customer service innovations – for example how Openreach is using apps to keep customers connected to engineers and how big data and analytics are helping deliver more engineering jobs every day.
- Agile Networks: Explored the fastest optical fibre broadband and cutting-edge security technology with the world’s first quantum key-protected 100G transfer of data.
It was an excellent event and Mitra Innovation were happy to be there to find out about the new technologies, and to promote our systems integration, product incubation and digital transformation services. We were also happy to make some contacts and listen to the amazing talks.
We look forward to the next event!